Occupation: State Representative, Business Consultant
Occupational Background: Small business owner, journalist for KATU-TV, Portland; KVAL-TV, Eugene; Real Estate Agent
Educational Background: Tigard High School; University of Oregon, BS; American University, MA
Prior Governmental Experience: Oregon Legislature, Multnomah County Sheriff's Office, Beaverton Library Foundation Board, Joint Task Force on Tax Reform
Community Involvement: Tom Dargan Scholarship Commission; Beaverton Library Foundation Board; Sunset Presbyterian Church
MARK HASS: THOUGHTFUL, MODERATE, WORKING
ACROSS PARTY LINES
I have been blessed to represent one of the most thoughtful communities in Oregon. That privilege carries a lot of responsibility.
I have tried to meet that challenge by leading the way on critical and significant issues to Oregon and my constituents:
- Education funding that provides a full school year and reasonable class sizes.
- I sponsored legislation to stimulate Oregon's emerging industries by requiring the Oregon Investment Council to look at investments that create jobs in Oregon.
- I was proud to champion legislation that protects seniors by cracking down on people who prey on the bank account of seniors.
During my next legislative session, my focus will be:
- Jobs. I will work to reduce the tax burden for small businesses in a way that creates and retains good jobs. I have already introduced legislation to make Oregon a Mecca for research and development.
- Education. I am sponsoring legislation for full-day kindergarten, which has behavioral and academic benefits for children.
- Willamette River Cleanup. The Willamette is the lifeblood of our state; our communities and families deserve to have a water source free of pollution.
Thank you for the opportunity to be your voice in Salem.
"Mark Hass gets results with a bi-partisan positive approach."
Beaverton Mayor Rob Drake
"Nobody works harder for law enforcement than Mark Hass."
Beaverton Police Chief David Bishop
" a political moderate and pro-business democrat with an independent streak."
The Oregonian, 5/2/04
(This information furnished by Friends of Mark Hass.)