Occupation: State Representative
Occupational Background: Teacher; 26 years at BMCC, 4 years high school; small business owner; co-owner family farm.
Educational Background: BS, MS, Montana State University.
Prior Governmental Experience: Oregon State Representative 1997-present. Eastern Oregon Regional Airport Commissioner '88-'96. Pendleton Transportation Plan Advisory Member '95-'96. Delegate to White House Conference on Families, '80. Veteran, USAF '50-'54.
Personal: Raised on a ranch; Married to Evelyn; 4 grown children, 9 grandchildren; 4 great grandchildren.
EXPERIENCED AS YOUR REPRESENTATIVE
I have served on the following committees
- Chair of House Water '03
- Chair of House Subcommittee on Water '03 '04
- Chair of Interim Joint Salmon and Streams '01-'02
- Chair of House Species Recovery and Streams Restoration '01, Vice Chair '99
- Member of House Judiciary '03
- Member of House Interim Agriculture and Natural Resource '03-'04
- Member of the Interim Joint Tax Reform. '03-'04
- Member Interim Joint Natural Resources '01-'02,
- Member of House Water and Environment '01
- Member of House Education '97 & '99
- Member of Human Services '97
PRIORITIES AS YOUR REPRESENTATIVE
- Education, K-college has been and continues to be my top priority. My record of support is unsurpassed, and it will remain so.
- Children, seniors and the frail must not be left out. I will fight for their protection, especially for affordable prescription drugs and health care.
- Agriculture and Natural Resource Industries are vital to House District 58's economic health. I will promote those industries in Salem.
- Economic Development. Increasing living wage jobs for working Oregonians is essential for economic recovery. To do this I will work for land use reform that fits our area.
AS YOUR REPRESENTATIVE
I have appreciated the opportunity to be your representative. In District 58 there is a strong tradition of working together across party lines to achieve solutions. I will continue to carry this tradition to Salem. To do this I need your vote.
(This information furnished by Bob Jenson.)