Occupation: University Accounting Instructor; retired Certified Internal Auditor
Occupational Background: Independent auditor for law firms, governments and corporations; VP & CFO for three corporations; audit manager or accounting manager for two industrial corporations and state government.
Educational Background: MBA in Management, UC Berkeley; BA in Social Sciences, UC Riverside.
Prior Governmental Experience: Oregon's first State Audit Manager for performance auditing; performance auditor for the City of Portland and Multnomah County. Contracted audits for Oregon Department of Corrections, Clackamas County Sheriff, and the City of Portland. Elected to the Board of Trustees of the Desert Center Unified School District in Riverside County California.
Richard Morley is clearly the BEST QUALIFIED candidate in this race. Neither a Republican nor Democrat, Morley will work independently to be a watchdog over state spending and reverse the erosion of our initiative petition process.
Morley will work to
End Mandatory Vote by Mail
- Bring back the civic experience of the private voting booth
- Let those who want to mail their ballots register to vote by mail
- Tighten controls to reduce the likelihood of voting and counting fraud
Use Auditing to Find Money for Schools and Tax Relief
- Obey the Oregon Constitution and be the "auditor of public accounts"
- Find waste and inefficiency, and report them clearly to Oregonians
- Confirm that recommended improvements are in fact made
Stop the rejection of legitimate voter signatures on initiative petitions
- Reverse the incumbent's unreasonable rules for rejection
- Eliminate the "one county only" rule on statewide petition forms
- Let voters "sign" initiative petitions using their May primary ballots
"This important office should be non-partisan. I am not connected with the two major parties who fight each other to gridlock in Salem. As an experienced leader, I can get things done. My biases are only against waste, inefficiency, and our government's relentless growth."
Paid for by Friends of Richard Morley
(This information furnished by Friends of Richard Morley.)