Occupation: business owner
Occupational Background: business development; electronics design; manufacturing; financial management; public service
Educational Background: Dartmouth College; public schools
Prior Governmental Experience: chair: NASA industry advisory council; consumer advocate: Oregon Construction Contractors Board; Portland Environmental Services Director; chair: Portland Private Industry Council
- Education committee
- Natural Resources budget committee
- Agriculture & Forestry committee
- Interim Revenue committee
- co-chair, Pro-Choice Caucus
Nolan kept schools as her top priority.
- Sponsored bills to set ambitious academic standards for all schools and assure sufficient funding.
- Pushed to expand scholarships for college and university students.
Nolan protects personal liberties and civil rights.
- Opposes Constitutional Amendment 36.
- Led strategy that defeated every anti-abortion bill.
- Sponsored bill to expand access to emergency contraceptives.
Nolan is an astute, effective environmental champion.
- Opposes Measure 37.
- Co-sponsored and advocated Willamette Restoration proposals.
- Sponsored requirements for fertilizer chemical disclosure.
Nolan helped protect services for low-income seniors.
- Publicly advocated to keep Oregon Project Independence.
- Sponsored Senior Prescription Drug Assistance Program.
Nolan promotes sustainable economic growth.
- Sponsored bill to assist companies that hire Oregon workers.
- Sponsored Oregon Opportunity to create new high-paying jobs.
Nolan stood for affordable health care, and she made a difference.
- Sponsored laws to help Oregon companies buy health insurance.
- Sponsored law to control prescription costs in Oregon Health Plan
My family has made our home in SW Portland for 21 years.
I hold as a profound trust the privilege voters gave me to serve in Oregon's legislature. In every decision, I try to represent the interests of southwest Portlanders with expertise, compassion and candor. I hope I have earned your confidence.
I welcome and value your advice and ideas at (503) 248-9930.
Please vote for me for State Representative.
Proven Leadership. Real Solutions.
(This information furnished by Mary Nolan.)