Occupational Background: Attorney helping Oregonians start high technology and international trade businesses.
Educational Background: Stanford University; Harvard Medical School; Yale Law School
Prior Governmental Experience: U.S. Congressman (1999-Present)
Family: David and his wife Michelle have two children: 7-year-old Matthew and 5-year-old Sarah. Michelle has been a teacher for 12 years.
CONGRESSMAN DAVID WU
A Proven Leader on the Issues that Matter Most
Improving our Schools to Grow our Economy
David Wu has been a champion for Oregon's schools because he believes that economic success begins with strong education.
- Congressman Wu helped pass legislation to reduce class size and is fighting to increase funding for our public schools.
- He is a leader in the fight to make college more affordable for Oregon families.
- Wu has succeeded in bringing resources to Oregon's universities to support research into cutting edge technology to fuel our future economic prosperity.
Creating New High-Paying Jobs for Oregonians
Congressman Wu has been a leader in creating new jobs and protecting working families during times of high unemployment.
- Wu successfully fought to extend unemployment benefits for out-of-work Oregonians.
- He is a leader in bringing innovative new companies to Oregon, creating new high-wage jobs.
- Congressman Wu voted to increase the minimum wage and voted to block the Bush Administration's attempts to eliminate overtime pay for millions of American workers.
Fighting for Affordable Health Care and a Secure Retirement
David Wu has fought to ensure that all Oregon families have access to affordable medical care and a secure retirement.
- Wu is fighting to make health care more affordable and voted to reduce the cost of prescription medication by allowing drug reimportation.
- Congressman Wu is fighting to protect Social Security by reducing the budget deficit and opposing efforts to privatize Social Security.
RE-ELECT CONGRESSMAN DAVID WU
An Experienced, Independent Voice for Oregon
(This information furnished by David Wu for Congress.)