Occupation: Commissioner, Bureau of Labor and Industries
Occupational Background: Civil Rights Attorney; Small Business Owner
Educational Background: J.D., Lewis and Clark Law School; B.S., Oregon State University
Prior Governmental Experience: State Legislator; Workers' Compensation Task Force
Family: Brad and his wife Debbie reside in Washington County with their children, Nathan and Claire.
BRAD AVAKIAN: PRIORITIES, NOT POLITICS
That's the principle Brad Avakian lives by -- even when he has to take a little heat for it. When the Legislature was neglecting our schools, Brad fought for a full funding plan to stop education cuts. To provide rural Oregon with the water it needs, Brad brought together conservationists and industry to get the job done. And when big corporations weren't providing fair wages and good working conditions, Brad stood up for us.
Good thing that Brad is more concerned with our priorities than politics. With the economy in trouble, we need a champion to help us put Oregon back on track.
BRAD AVAKIAN: A PLAN TO GET OREGON
BACK ON TRACK
- Develop the nation's premier renewable energy workforce to provide home-grown, sustainable energy to break the grip of foreign oil.
- Support a strong minimum wage.
- Bring together emerging industries and training centers to provide workers the skills to quickly gain long term employment.
- Make our government more efficient by streamlining the way Oregon's training centers are funded.
- Increase apprenticeship opportunities for skilled trades like plumbing, electrical, and construction jobs that provide high paying careers.
- Restore agricultural and technical education in our public schools.
Sen. Ron Wyden; Gov. Ted Kulongoski; Oregon AFL-CIO; Oregon State Building and Construction Trades Council; Associated General Contractors, Oregon Columbia Chapter; Oregon Farm Bureau Federation; Sierra Club; Oregon League of Conservation Voters; Oregon State Fire Fighters Council; Oregon Nurses Association; Oregon Education Association; SEIU Local 503, OPEU; Oregon AFSCME Council 75.
More at www.BradAvakian.com
(This information furnished by Committee to Elect Brad Avakian.)