Occupation: State Representative
Occupational Background: Policy Analyst, Oregon DHS; Instructor, LBCC; Regional Coordinator, Oregon Parent Training and Information Center
Educational Background: MAIS, Oregon State University; BA, Earlham College
Prior Governmental Experience: Corvallis School Board; State Representative
It is a privilege to serve as the Representative from Corvallis and Philomath. In my first term, I was elected Assistant Majority Leader and worked to expand opportunities for Oregonians, and make our families safer.
- I led the passage of Karly's Law, which made our kids safer through improved child abuse investigations.
Endorsed: Stand for Children
- I helped deliver the best budget for public schools that Oregon has seen in over 16 years.
Endorsed: Oregon Education Association
Oregon School Employees Association (OSEA)
- I cut red tape for businesses by introducing and passing one of the largest regulatory streamlining initiatives in the nation.
Endorsed: Oregon State Building and
Construction Trades Council
- I championed the effort to expand health coverage to over 117,000 Oregon children, worked to make sure women have access to birth control and emergency contraceptives, and proudly voted in favor of legislation to create domestic partnerships and anti-discrimination laws to protect all families.
Endorsed: Oregon Nurses Association
Basic Rights Oregon PAC
NARAL Pro-Choice Oregon PAC
Service Employees International Union Local 503, OPEU
- I voted to expand the bottle bill and pass the best renewable energy standards in the nation.
Endorsed: Oregon League of Conservation Voters
- I was pleased to help create the state's first Rainy Day Fund, which will protect our state's finances in times of economic recession.
Endorsed: Oregon Business Association
There is still much work left to do. With your vote I can return to Salem and continue the effort to keep our families safe, make health care accessible and affordable to everyone, create a healthy business environment that provides good jobs, and promote a world class education system that prepares Oregonians for the economy of tomorrow.
(This information furnished by Sara Gelser for State Representative.)