Occupation: Small Business Owner
Occupational Background: School Teacher, Planner, Federal Contractor, Businessman
Educational Background: Bemidji State University- BA in Geography/Geology, 1974; Western Illinois University- MA Geography, 1980; Portland State University- Teaching certification, 1984
Prior Governmental Experience: U.S. Army, Planning Commission, County Committees, Park Commissioner
November 4, 2008 represents a vital turning point for our nation. In our government's culture of rigid partisanship, Congress frequently seems to act more for party or special interests than in America's best interests. As an independent-minded citizen, former teacher and small business owner, I believe we must reform that culture and bring sincerity to Washington for our nation to solve its daunting problems.
If you vote for me, you are electing a Traditional Republican who seeks to return the nation's focus to issues of conservation, fiscal responsibility, equal rights, following our Constitution, and achieving a healthy balance between the interests of business and labor. I will always act and vote for what I believe will most benefit Oregon and the nation, regardless of personal consequences or pressure from special interests! I pledge to focus my efforts on the following 5-Point Plan:
- Launch a 10-year overhaul of our energy policy, moving toward a blend of sustainable energies including hydrogen, wind, solar, geothermal, and new technologies, stimulating our economy and creating green, living wage jobs
- Provide universal health care options for our citizens, encourage prevention-based wellness programs, and take care of our veterans
- Develop a cooperative foreign policy, withdraw our troops from Iraq, and work internationally to address world population growth
- Re-energize our education system through expanded service and outreach programs, incentives for students and teachers, and public/private partnerships
- Replace our broken tax system with a practical, consumption-based alternative, and pay down the national debt
Please join me in reforming Congress, and visit www.joelhaugenforcongress.com for more information.
(This information furnished by Joel Haugen.)