Occupation: Mayor of Salem
Occupational Background: 1957-1959, Production Line, Blue Lake Packers; 1960-1963, Circulation Department, Capital Journal newspaper; 1965-1969, Customer Service, Allstate Insurance; 1971-1982, Office Manager, Frank Hrubetz & Co.; 1982-1985, Owner, Business & Accounting Services; 1985-2003, Owner/President, Taylor Metal Products; 2003-Present, Mayor of Salem.
Educational Background: North Salem High School; Chemeketa Community College; Salem Aviation (Pilot's License)
Prior Governmental Experience: Chair, South East Mill Creek Neighborhood Association; Chair, Strategic Economic Development Corporation; Conference Center Task Force; Willamette River Crossing Task Force; Vice-President, Salem Chamber of Commerce; Salem City Budget Committee; Oregon State Fair Community Partnership Task Force; Board of Directors, Oregon Mayors Association and League of Oregon Cities; Mayor of Salem.
I have been honored to serve as your Mayor for nearly six years, and I appreciate everyone who voted for me in the May 2008 primary. By receiving a majority of the votes, my name is the only one shown under the "Mayor of Salem" position on your ballot.
I do not take your support for granted, and will continue to work hard, bringing strong leadership and experience to issues, building on the many partnerships formed over these last few years.
Your vote for me will continue the progress we have made, including expanded choices in recreation, housing, transportation, and jobs. I look forward to the next two years to continue our work:
- To bring "Success Through Partnerships" as we have done with the Kroc Center, the Senior Center, and the Conference Center.
- Support our Fire and Police Departments with staffing and facilities for lower crime rates and response times, creating safer neighborhoods.
- Retain existing businesses and attract new family wage jobs.
- Implement the Vision 2020 goals for a vibrant and exciting downtown.
- Work towards design and funding for a third bridge across the Willamette River.
(This information furnished by Janet Taylor for Mayor.)