Occupation: President, KT Contracting Company; Owner, Highway Specialties
Occupational Background: Accounting; Computer Technician; Software Development; Construction Projects Manager; Equipment Operator
Educational Background: Oregon City High; PSU
Prior Governmental Experience: State Representative 2005 to present; Oregon Commission for Women; House Committee appointments have included: Elections, Ethics, and Rules; Government Accountability and Information Technology; Interim Economic Development; Interim Real Estate; Transportation; Judiciary
Community Activities: Founder, Oregon Contractors Association; Keizer and Chehalem Valley Chambers of Commerce; SMART Reading Program; Salem Chapter, National Association of Women in Construction; Mentor, Barbara Roberts High School; Church volunteer
Personal: Keizer Resident; Married 24 years; four children; Instrument-Rated pilot
KIM THATCHER: Promoting Economic Development & Jobs
- Setting priorities to fund road construction which eases congestion and promotes efficient commerce
- Keeping state spending in check by voting against attempts to steal your tax kicker money.
- Encouraging investment in our state by voting to reduce state capital gains and estate taxes.
KIM THATCHER: Helping Every Child Succeed
- Promoting performance audits to ensure our children get positive results from each taxpayer dollar spent in our schools.
- Giving parents and students more academic options by supporting charter schools.
KIM THATCHER: Law & Order in Our Communities
- Getting tough on drug dealers, drunk drivers, and property criminals.
- Requiring proof of legal status before issuing state identification and benefits.
KIM THATCHER: Helping Those in Need
- Supporting programs which allow seniors to stay in their own homes.
- Fighting for independence for people with disabilities.
- Giving veterans the services they deserve for protecting our country.
KIM THATCHER: Good Government Reforms
- Staunchly supporting the protection of private property rights.
- Actively opposing government mandates, (ethanol and health insurance) which drive up the cost of living in Oregon.
- Protecting the integrity of Oregon's initiative and voting system.
KIM THATCHER: INDEPENDENT LEADERSHIP
WE CAN COUNT ON
(This information furnished by Friends of Kim Thatcher.)