Occupation: United Parcel Service Industrial Engineer
Occupational Background: Dispatch Supervisor, Data Supervisor
Educational Background: Master of Science in Economics, University of Oregon, 2002 Bachelor of Science in Political Science and Economics, University of Oregon, 2001.
Prior Governmental Experience: Springfield Historic Commission.
Civic Involvement: Junior Achievement, Big Brothers & Big Sisters, Food for Lane County, Relay for Life, Walk for Diabetes, UPS-IE United Way Campaign Committee, National Engineer's Month, Junction City High School, Douglass Educational Foundation
Set goals. Plan. Measure. Repeat
My desire to serve as your Representative comes from my frustration with our state's inability to solve long term problems. In an economic downturn, proposing $850 million in new taxes and fees is neither accountability nor a commitment to Springfield's businesses.
Problem solving means more than playing a shell game by reallocating state funds to hot button issues each session. Long term planning and investment creates solutions that survive the ups and downs of the General Fund.
Using the same practical approaches you use everyday to manage your businesses and households, I will work to create a well-managed, disciplined government by:
- Creating a legislative audits division to hold the government accountable for your money.
- Updating Oregon's Income tax brackets to give needed economic relief to working families.
- Allowing School Districts to opt out of the state mandated health insurance pool if they can show cost savings.
- Investing in technology that will increase time that the OSP spend patrolling.
- Promoting the use of Health Care Savings Accounts that can lower cost to citizens by 30%.
- Supporting upgrades to state websites. Your lives are busy; information should be easier to access.
Please visit http://www.plan4oregon.com for more of my priorities and approaches to problem solving. Thank you for considering my candidacy.
(This information furnished by Sean VanGordon.)