Occupation: Douglas County District Attorney
Occupational Background: Douglas County District Attorney's Office 1992-present; Appointed Douglas County District Attorney July 2008; Assistant District Attorney for Douglas County; Senior Deputy District Attorney; Deputy District Attorney; Judicial Clerk for Honorable Harl Haas
Educational Background: Doctorate of Jurisprudence, University of Oregon, School of Law, 1991; Bachelor of Science, Psychology, University of Oregon, 1987; Admitted Oregon State Bar and United States District Court For The District Of Oregon
Prior Governmental Experience: District Attorney for Douglas County; Assistant District Attorney for Douglas County; Senior Deputy District Attorney; Deputy District Attorney; Sutherlin City Council
Family: Rick lives in Sutherlin with his wife Gillian and son Lee
- Secured convictions of many of Douglas County's most dangerous and violent criminals
- Successfully prosecuted thousands of criminal cases--the most difficult and complex cases included aggravated murder and sexual assault on children
- Instrumental in the formation and continued success of Douglas County's Adult Drug Court
- Extensive county management and legal administrative experience
- Recognized for superior victim advocacy
- Created "hold the line" budget for the District Attorney's Office
Violent Crime: I will uncompromisingly prosecute violent offenders to protect our most vulnerable. Douglas County must be protected from those who would subject others to violence. They must be locked up and put away.
Methamphetamine: I will vigorously prosecute drug dealers who bring this poison into our communities, especially when they target our kids as their customers.
Property Crimes: I will aggressively prosecute offenders who violate our homes and businesses.
Crime Victims: I will compassionately respect and protect the rights of victims of crime.
My Commitment To You
As your District Attorney, I will ensure the aggressive
and effective prosecution of crime. I am committed
to the compassionate and respectful treatment of
crime victims. I will fairly, efficiently and impartially
enforce Oregon law.
VOTE RICK WESENBERG FOR DISTRICT ATTORNEY
(This information furnished by Rick Wesenberg.)